Thursday, January 21, 2010

Ice storms can bring benefits


Currently it is 10:15 on Thursday January 21st. Today was a pretty good day. I woke at approximately 8 A.M. and had a class at 8:30 PM. I went to class and had a good conversation about the book, "Gang of One" by Fan Shen. If any of you haven't heard of this book or read, I recommend it. Shen gives a very honest view to the times of the Cultural Revolution. It took him a lot of guts to even write the book, but I'm glad he did. Every time I have to read the book I look forward to it because he really knows how to write. Some parts are really gross and graphic, but it's a good book to read to learn more about history. After talking about this book we talked about commas, and for once humor was associated with them. It's nice when humor is used with things that are usually not humerous. Then I studied Spanish for a little while before Spanish started. This semester my Spanish class is actually fun and engaging and I'm learning to speak more Spanish, which is great! Then I went to lunch and had lunch with a bunch of friends from school. Then I prayed for a little bit and went to Chemistry shortly after. For Chemistry we are basically reviewing a bunch of things, which is good. Then I read my Bible, which could have went better on my part. Lately I just haven't been making time for God like I should. I have really been motivated to do school work, which is great. Although this is great, it is also getting in the way of my time with God. Now I'm sitting in the commons area and listening to music and relaxing a little bit.
-Heather Sue

No comments: