Dear Blog Followers :)
Well first off the definition of sovereign from dictionary.com is having supreme rank, power, or authority. This summer this is really what I have learned about God. So back in the beginning of May I felt like God really wanted me to work at camp and I applied and got the job. I got back from Spain the end of May and went to staff training about five days later, so my summer has been really busy, but it's been a blessing that I needed.
I would like to share a couple things that God really did in me this summer.
Firstly He instilled a confidence in me that can only come from Him. At the beginning of the summer I knew I was going to be working at camp, but I thought I would just be an overnight counselor and I was excited. Well then God flipped things around and I ended up being the SIT/LIT counselor instead, which was a new job position that I had never had before this summer. I was super excited and I really believe God arranged the whole situation. At the beginning of the summer I was really struggling with being confident in the person and leader God had made me to be and I found myself beat down and sad. I honestly didn't pray about it much, but God knew it was a burden on my heart. Also I had friends pray for me. Now sitting here after camp has ended, God answers prayers, He really does. He hears us and He listens, wow! I seriously can say that I have never felt this confident in who God made me to be before in my life, and the only explanation is His sovereignty and power moving in my heart and changing my mindset and who I think I am or should be. One more thing I'd like to add, this summer I did a lot of things I hadn't really done much of before, but God was my strength (like it says in Psalm 27:1) and He guided me every step of the way.
Secondly He taught me more about what joy is. This summer I went through some new trials that I hadn't really experienced before. One example is when I thought I broke my toe. All of the staff went to a different staff member's house one Saturday and I was going off a rope swing and I hid my toe on the knot. It ended up not being broken, but I did tear some tissue in my foot. Nonetheless I wore a boot for a little bit and then I was on crutches for five days (what a work out!). During that time I found myself getting really frustrated because I literally had to rely on others to simply get around camp. I remember reading James 1:2-4, which reads: Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.
over and over again because I felt like it was all I could hold onto. It was a great time of rest and just slowing down a bit because I find that hard to do in my life. The ONLY reason I even had a somewhat positive attitude is because of Christ and His everlasting joy.
Alright I could go on and on, but I just really wanted to share this because it's been on my heart. I want you to remember that none of this would have happened without God doing it all. I can tell you many times this summer I felt incapable or unqualified, but time and time again God showed me that He is sovereign even when we are weak. Wow, He is good. Glorify Him and not me because He's the one changing me and I'm just walking with Him. And one last thing I would like to add, I'm not saying my life is perfect (because it's far from it), but I'm just sharing my heart with you and what God is doing. I start college in a week again, which I'm excited for, but also I don't want to just fall into being so busy once again.
Take care,
Heather Sue
No comments:
Post a Comment