Okay, now to the point. This semester has been one of the busiest semesters or times of my life. I'm not going to list the things I'm doing or what I'm involved in because that's not the point. The point though is that God has been teaching me so much about 2 Corinthians 12:9-10.
2 Corinthians 12:9-10 reads as follows:
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
I'm not going to go into great detail, but seriously these verses have definitely been exemplified in my life the past two semesters. This has seriously been a tough semester for many reasons, but you know what God has been faithful and good through it all. I have had many weak moments this semester, but it's amazing how His power is made perfect in weakness.
I love that God is so much different than this world. In the real world, is there ever a good picture of weaknesses or failures? I honestly don't think so, and it can honestly be debilitating sometimes. This is a big reason why I love these verses because they paint a beautiful picture of the grace of God and that God can use our weaknesses for His good. In fact, God wants us to realize we are weak, so we will rely on His strength more than ever. I'm SO grateful that He can us right where we are at even when we continue to fail time and time again. I'm SO thankful that He doesn't give up on us even when we give up on ourselves or others give up on us. I'm so thankful that His grace is new every morning.
I just want to encourage you that whatever you're going through right now, don't be afraid to ask for His help. Whatever you're going through, I pray God opens your eyes to how He is moving in your life and that you are relying on His strength more than you think you are.
Another thing that I love is that when we make mistakes, it's so cool we can learn things from them that we could have never learned if we didn't make the mistakes we have made.
In our world, weaknesses and failures are seen in a negative light, but God looks at our hearts and looks at what we really want to do. We are in Him and no matter how many times we fail, we don't have to fear because we are His children. The amount of failures and weaknesses we see in our lives don't have to define us, thank You Lord Jesus.
Lastly, I'm so thankful how God doesn't waste pain. I have seen this exemplified in my life lately, and I'm seriously amazed. Wow. Even if you have nothing else to hold, remember He doesn't waste pain. He can use the hardest situation. I have seen it done in my life especially with the recent death of my beloved grandpa. Here's a quick prayer.
Dear Lord,
Give us faith to believe in Your truths and that in our weakness, You are strong. Thank You Lord for who You are. I thank You that Your mercy is new every morning. I thank You that You can use every situation and make it into something beautiful :) Give us faith to believe. Oh Lord. Let us meditate on your truths and take away the lies we are believing. I thank You for what You're doing. I thank You that You can use our weaknesses and failures to bring You glory and teach us about relying on Your strength. We love you. We give you the glory and honor and praise.
In Jesus' Name, Amen
Take care :)
No comments:
Post a Comment