Dear Blog Followers,
It's been so long since I have updated my blog, wow. It's been nearly a month. It has been on my to do list for quite some time, but I continued to put it off every time. I'm going to post multiple posts about different periods of time otherwise it would be a lot of writing for one blog post.
Between February 28th and March 16th, my roommate showed me a park really close to our apartment (which is now one of my favorite places in Granada) and I started to actually ask questions in class when I didn't understand things, I starting running in a park near my house and I actually enjoyed it, met with my new intercambio.
Then on March 2nd my program had a albaicin and Sacramento tour, which was fun. The albaicin and Sacromento are neighborhoods within the city I'm living in and it's like you're in a whole new world. These two pictures are of some of the views :)
Then on March 3rd my roommate invited me to come with her intercambio (a person you meet to speak Spanish and English together) and her intercambio's friends for a picnic in a village thirty minutes away. The drive was beautiful, and we stopped at this beautiful location on the way! I felt like I wasn't even in Granada anymore even though we were so close. It was breathtaking! Then we eventually got to the village and we made burgers on a portable grill and had coleslaw and chips and strawberry soda in nature. It was nice to enjoy nature for a little bit and be away from the city.
On March 5th in the morning I met with my intercambio like every Monday and then I went to the school and I somewhat was like a teacher. It was a little uncomfortable, but it was fun at the same time. Monday night for our program we had a cuisine tasting/class of typical food from Spain. We tried different cheeses, wines, olive oils, chocolates, and some other things that I can't think of. The man who gave us a history lesson really knew his stuff and had a passion for the history. Most of the food was good, but I was not a big fan of the wine. It was really strong, and I didn't realize we could have gotten wine without alcohol so therefore I didn't.
On March 8th, there was a music and poetry night at Raices. All of my roommates and I went to watch my roommate sing. It was a really fun night, wow! So many people sang and it was so cool to see everyone's talents! My roommate did an amazing job singing. Also someone brought couscous, which made me super happy. People really had a fun time and many people showed up as well. This picture below is one of the groups that came and showed their talent. This woman could hula hoop and play the accordion at the same time!
On March 9th, at English Church, there was 'The Bible in 60 Minutes'. It was in English and Spanish and we went over the Bible in three different ways:
the Organizational Perspective, the theological perspective, and the historical method. It was really fun and interactive. We didn't just sit and listen, but Pastor Shawn had the audience involved in every possible. It was so good! Also Shawn said he could email the notes to anyone later in Spanish and English. This picture is a play these students did at many of the schools!
These photos are simply times when my friends and I have went out for ice cream and made pit stops at candy stores to buy some candy.
No comments:
Post a Comment