So I have already been here for a week and two days. The first week of classes went well. I like my professors a lot! They are a lot of fun and I understand basically everything they are saying. Currently we are going through things really slowly, which is a good thing for me because it's nice review.
Last Tuesday we went to Flamenco dance lessons and then we watched a show. The dancing was kinda fun even though I wasn't super good. My friend and I had ended up having to dance alone because we were talking too much. I was embarrassed at first, but in reality it wasn't embarrassing in the end. Our teacher wasn't actually that mad, he just liked to joke! I was thankful that he wasn't seriously mad at us because otherwise I would have felt bad. That night I realized that heels in Spain aren't a good mix with the streets made of rocks.
Wednesday I went to the the post office, which was an interesting experience. I had no idea what I was doing, but I got my letters sent and that's all that matters.
Then on Thursday my roommate and I decided to go out with our other roommates. I didn't drink at all, I just had some water and a tapa, which is an appetizer because my roommate didn't want hers. In Spain people go out really late, so we got home at like 5, and slept for about two hours. When you're reading this a big prayer request is that I can be a light in the dark places here in Spain, but that I don't conform to the darkness in the process.
This weekend I went out with some friends and just talked with them and didn't drink. And I slept a lot, a lot more then I wanted to. Then yesterday I went hiking with some girls from my group, which was a good workout that I needed! Then we went to a Spanish Christian church at night! The songs were great, but I didn't understand much of the sermon, so we left early.
Today in my class my professor was singing Lady Gaga and it was hilarious! Well take care!
Photo 1/2: View from the top of the mountain!
Photo 3: My school from the outside
No comments:
Post a Comment