Hola amigos!
So I have been in Spain Since Saturday and it's completely different than I expected. I have never experienced living in a city before, but so far I really enjoy it. We have been walking a lot more than we normally do in the United States, which has been different, but good! At my host home mi host parents are very nice and they have eight students staying with them in a multiple level apartment. My roommate is very nice and she really challenges me to speak Spanish. Yesterday was my first day that I took a 'Siesta', which is a rest time after lunch, which was very enjoyable! We eat lunch at 3 and supper at 9. Our host home has made delicious food so far and I have liked it all, so that's great! Today we had a tour of our school and a mini tour of the most important streets in Granada. One of the most important places we visited was the Catedral de Granada (Cathedral de Granada) and this was very beautiful and emaculate. Today we also learned more about Spain history, which was very interesting and good to know. This morning we took our placement test, which consisted of a written part, a grammar part, and a oral part. I am happy that this test is over, but it wasn't bad! Tomorrow we start three weeks of an intensive session and in February we start our real classes.
Overall I am enjoying the experience. My Spanish is already improving, but I need to be more intentional with talking Spanish with Spaniards and people I know from my university. I hope you're all doing well wherever you are. One more thing that I would like to add: I have been reading Matthew 5 a lot lately, so check it out if you have a minute. Thank you, and have a wonderful day, afternoon, or night depending on where you are in the world. God bless.
Photos:
Photo 1: Christmas tree in one of the plazas of Granada.
Photo 2: My room at my host home.
Photo 3: Krissa and Marisa (the girls who I flew with) and I with our carry ons.
Photo 4: German (one of our directors) giving us a history lesson in Spain history. It was very interesting and I learned a lot. Like did you know that Spain was an Arab kingdom before a Christian kingdom?
Photo 5: The outside of the Cathedral of Granada
Photo 6: A statue of the queen Ysabel who was the first queen of Spain with Christopher Columbus.
No comments:
Post a Comment