Dear Blog Followers,
I know it has been nearly a month since I wrote on here, but that's okay. Time has really been flying by here, and this has been on my to do list for quite some time. Well since I haven't update my blog for nearly a month a lot has happened, but I will do my best to just highlight the experiences that stick out to me.
Well first off I started my real classes about two weeks ago now and they are all taught in Spanish. For the most part I understand what the professors are saying, but of course not all the time. The classes I'm taking include: Culture and Civilization of Spain, Culture and Civilization of Hispanic America, Varieties of Spanish, Grammar, and Speaking and Writing. Honestly I think my classes will be difficult, but I'm excited for how it's going to improve my Spanish in the end. And I need to do a lot of reading, well it seems like a lot for me because reading is still difficult for me, but it will be really good for me because I need the practice.
I have recently been meeting with a new intercambio. We just met once and had coffee and talked in English and Spanish. I"m so thankful for this because it's a really good way to improve my Spanish because I have to speak Spanish. Also every Wednesdsay I have started going to a home for tapas and conversation with two of my friends. It's a really comfortable environment and the food is always delicious.
Last weekend with our program we went hiking, but it was basically a sight seeing tour through some small cities that were about an hour and a half from where I live here. It was a nice hike and very beautiful. And we even had to walk through some snow, which was crazy!
This past week I started volunteering at the school that I will be volunteering at every week. Every week I will be having conversations with students in English and possibly even teaching them games and songs in English. For this week the first day I solely spoke English and they asked me questions about my life, and the second day we actually attended mass, which was an interesting experience.
Then this Friday we didn't have school and we don't have school until Wednesday 2/29. On Friday afternoon we went to the Alhambra, which is a very famous place and is the second most visited place in Spain. It consists of a couple palaces and a bunch of buildings that use to make up a town a long time ago. It was beautiful and I definitely want to go back and visit before I leave Spain.
We have a five day break, but I decided to stay here and not travel. Yesterday some friends and I just went to the beach and the Picasso museum in Malaga, which was relaxing and beautiful and inexpensive. :)
Then today we had English service, which I'm so thankful for. It's such a blessing hearing about Jesus in English and praising Jesus in English. :)
So in conclusion I'm doing well. God is teaching me a lot. He's really teaching me that my life shouldn't be focused on myself, but it should really be focused on Him and other people. And also that I don't need to be weighed down by everything that I feel like I should do, but instead just be concerned with what He wants me do. <3
Here's a description of the photos that I have posted:
Photo 1: A typical meal at our house: white rice with red sauce and eggs, but for Valentines Day our host parents made it in the shape of a heart.
Photo 2: My friends and I at the beach in Malaga.
Photo 3/4: Photos from the Alhambra.
Photo 5: Most of the students that I am in Spain with and I in the Alpujarras while on a hiking day trip.
Photo 6: A park I visited with a friend last weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment